[Ansteorra] why bardic at feast?

Hugh & Belinda Niewoehner burgborrendohl at valornet.com
Fri Mar 25 04:43:48 PDT 2011

On 3/24/2011 7:16 PM, Bree Flowers wrote:
> Third option is the "background music" option which is best
> accomplished with only instrumental performers. Harps, lutes,
> harpsichords and the like lend themselves well to this format. The
> only issue here is that the performer must put their ego aside and
> acknowledge that they are background and "flavor" not the main
> attraction.
My harp teacher calls that a "potted palm gig".   She says you're hired
to sit and play during some upscale event and you inevitably get placed
near one or two potted palms.

We have a wonderful group of musicians up here in the North who play
many of our feasts.  I always feel there is something missing when they
aren't present.

Ismet