[Ansteorra] why bardic at feast?

willowdewisp at juno.com willowdewisp at juno.com
Fri Mar 25 12:07:21 PDT 2011

dear Arthur
It is possible to do both.  Performers like to perform. I think you mention Chemen Noir had a bardic Circle that last to the Wee hours. Was that the bardic we had to perform for each table and it went on and on ?  I did so badly at some of my tables I would have loved to have a place  to perform to make it up.
To have a bardic circle you need a few good performers to keep it going and others that feel like performing.Not everyone is profession performer but all Lords and Ladies should have a piece.
I think the middle ages had this as a requirment for being a Lord or Lady and certainly a knight because it can get really tense during a siege and there are no profession entertainers and a lively song or interesting story or poem could really help.
willow