[Ansteorra] why bardic at feast?

Jennifer Smith jds at randomgang.com
Fri Mar 25 08:39:25 PDT 2011

On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 6:43 AM, Hugh & Belinda Niewoehner
<burgborrendohl at valornet.com> wrote:
> My harp teacher calls that a "potted palm gig".   She says you're hired to
> sit and play during some upscale event and you inevitably get placed near
> one or two potted palms.
>
> We have a wonderful group of musicians up here in the North who play many of
> our feasts.  I always feel there is something missing when they aren't
> present.
>
> Ismet

As one of those northern musicians (the Merry Musicians of
Mooneschadowe, look for us on Facebook! </plug>), we do appreciate
the, uh, appreciation. :)

Seriously, though, our group of musicians isn't exclusive to
Mooneschadeen; two of our regular players (Toinette and Karl) hail
from Northkeep, and we've had others from other groups play with us
from time to time. If you can read music, play a periodish instrument
(which is a VERY broad definition indeed - basically no clarinets) or
are willing to learn a new one (alto recorder, anyone?), and don't
mind your feast being limited to the nibbles you can grab between
songs (our usual 'feast gig' minimum price is 'free food'), then
you're more than welcome to join us any time!

We have a mailing list on which we discuss upcoming plans and arrange
for the occasional group practice. Contact me with questions, and I'll
be happy to answer!

-Emma de Fetherstan