[Ansteorra] painting fencing masks

Casey Weed seoseaweed at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 11:46:38 PDT 2011

Purist here.  To me the painted fencing mask is the rapier combat equivalent
of the pink stuffed animal crest on a spun-dome, bar-grill starter helmet
(attached with the prerequisite bunjee cord).

Entry costs of fencing helmets that approximate renaissance face protection
has dropped to an all time low (thank you, India).  There's really no reason
not to spend the extra $60.

http://edmonton.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-sports-bikes-Black-Fencing-Mask-FIE-400-Newtons-W0QQAdIdZ250517787for
$65 plus another $25 in material for the hood bits

or this...

http://therionarms.com/reenact/therionarms_c1250.html $150

That's three twenty dollar bills and you don't have to sew anything; even if
you're as broke as a church mouse you could give plasma twice and you can
have some left over.  How much is your time worth?  And Therion is local to
Austin.

Sir D.