[Ansteorra] painting fencing masks

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Mar 29 16:24:38 PDT 2011

I want to thank everyone who has already replied to my inquiry. Several aspects have come up that I originally never anticipated.

If I remember, without going out and digging out my fencing mask from doing some SCA rapier combat some ten years ago, the wire mesh is black. I thought *all* fencing masks came with the wire mesh painted black. Is this not true?  And as I think about it, mine may be a gloss black rather than a flat black.

Thanks,
  Stefan
PS: Yes, I am saving some of these comments for a future Florilegium file on this. :-)

--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com