[Ansteorra] The Next Ten Years...

Pukhta 'Pooky' Lovtsevich pookyloves at gmail.com
Thu May 5 07:11:27 PDT 2011

> From: "Langhans, Erik" <elanghans at khou.com>

> Subject: Re: [Ansteorra] Ten Years...
>
> I miss her too.  I flip thru my copy of her Bardic book every so often.
>
> Modius

I'd like to discuss with you the possibility of arranging a visit with
the scribes of illumination at the Shire of Kinkos sometime. I know
Mairin's Grand daughter would be ecstatic to have a copy of her songs
and I would visit them to make a copy to have in my sacred place as
well...

There is a SCAdian named Lucais. Mairin and Lucais were friends long
before the SCA found them on a red performance stage I built one
fateful Medfair in Namron circa A.S. XXI.

Lucais wrote a song for Mairin when they had been amongst us 2 years,
that I will acquire the emotional strength to perform this decade.
Lucais told me a long time ago I could perform the piece, as long I
made sure to properly credit the creator of the song.

Modius, I hope this got to you for that compilation project you were
working on in the Winter of XXXXIII. If not here's a little ditty:

MAIRIN'S SONG

Words and music by HE. Lucais du Belier, OL, OP, Lion
1988 by Larry E. Bishop

Mairin, Mairin, how long has it been
Since we came to this land, Ansteorra?
Did you know when you arrived
That a dream could fill your life?
Could you know of the journey before you?

Did you know when you came, of the wonder of this game,
That a tabard and a sword could restore you
To a place where the sky meets the mountain high
And the Lions still reign in Ansteorra?

Mairin, Mairin, do you know what we've been given
At a time when our hearts were both broken?
A shoulder to weep, good counsel and good keep,
And a thousand adventures yet unspoken,

And stories to hear from the sea to Calontir,
And the memories of each tavern token,
Of promises told, and pledges to uphold,
All honor and chivalry unbroken.

Mairin, Mairin, it's time we go again.
Some shire or barony is calling,
To join the merriment of another tournament.
We'll be there before evening's fallen.

We'll feast and we'll fight.
And we'll revel throughout the night.
Come morning (to my pavilion crawling)
I'll lie in my bed with the vision in my head,
And close my eyes...silently smiling.

Mairin, Mairin, how long has it been
Since we came to this land, Ansteorra?
Did you know when you arrived
That a dream could fill your life?
Could you know of the journey before you?

Did you know, when you came, of the wonder of the game,
That a tabard and a sword could restore you
To a place where the sky meets the mountain high
And the Lions still reign in Ansteorra.

> From: Ronnie H <womrn at hotmail.com>

Ronna & Petruccio,
My love & gratitude for you kind & thoughtful expressions of empathy &
support during this time of remembrance.

Big Pooky SIZED hugs for the both of You!

Your Eternal Friend,
ME

> Pook, Petruccio and I offer our strength, empathy, sympathy and condolences
> for your grieving.
>
> We raise a glass to celebrate
> the joys of life spent with a mate
> who's gone ahead to light the way
> to joining them, a better day.
>
> Just out of reach to touch and sight
> or hearing comfort in the night
> still watching o'r loved ones dear
> so very close, yet not right here.
>
> We sing a song of joy to come
> in light so full its source is from
> a second in eternity
> 'ere joined again, Dear Love, with thee.
>
> So raise a glass, salute the day
> for coming home and there to stay
> with cherished presence waiting there
> forevermore our hearts to share.
>
> Ronna

Every moment within the SCA is a precious gift. A precious gift wherein we
might create the memories of every lifetime. Every lifetime of happiness and
joyful memories is The~Dream!