[Ansteorra] History of Beads Lecture by Lois Sherr Dubin! Friday night, May 20th

Jhan Knebel rixende at gmail.com
Sat May 7 05:50:49 PDT 2011

Greetings Ansteorra!

I've just learned of a wonderful opportunity in Dallas. If you love
beads in our game, I invite you join me at this late-night lecture!

Rixende

Late Night Lectures

Join us on the third Friday of each month, when the Museum is open
until midnight. Each Late Night offers a variety of experiences,
including talks by artists, scholars, curators, and special guests.
Learn more about Late Night programs here.

The History of Beads
Friday, May 20
9:00 p.m.
Horchow Auditorium
Included in general admission to the Museum; DMA members FREE
Reservations recommended; reserve your seat online or by phone at 214-922-1818.

Known as “the doyenne of the bead world,” author and curator Lois
Sherr Dubin will investigate how beads have been used throughout
history and around the world as talismans, status symbols, religious
articles, and a medium of barter. For Dubin, each bead is a capsule of
cultural information, containing a fascinating tale of the origins of
its materials, its multifold uses, its travels, and its potent
symbolism. In addition to the lecture, enjoy an entire evening of
music, dance performances, tours, and family activities that celebrate
the exhibition Art of the American Indians: The Thaw Collection.

http://dallasmuseumofart.org/Events/Adults/Lectures/index.htm#Late_Night_Lectures

--
Baroness Rixende de Rouen, CIM, CSM
Quidam audit valde, facit valde