[Ansteorra] Steppes Warlord's Beer, Ale & Lager Competition:

William Black Dragon hlironwyrm at sbcglobal.net
Tue May 10 09:56:08 PDT 2011

>From the Steppes Loose Association of Brewers(SLAB)

Greetings all,

With our coming Steppes Warlord event theme of "Courtly Love"
we considered another love of mankind that archeologist's claim
even pre-dates the making of bread, BEER!  Yes you heard right
since that suspected lucky accident of hunter gatherers leaving
a container of grain out in the rain for days thus creating a
fermented
 liquid mix and tasting it, mankind has had a love of
beer!

To celebrate that love of beer our Steppes Loose Association of
Brewers(SLAB) are sponsoring a Beer, Ale & Lager Competition
to be held in the late afternoon of May 28th during our Steppes
Warlord 2011 event!

Bring your best marriage of water, grain
 & yeast to enter in this
year's competition!  Documentation, period or original recipes
and presentation are all a plus, however not required.  Bottled
or kegged entries are OK, but if kegged you must supply your
own equipment.  Ice chests shall be provided for bottled entries,
or you may supply your own.  Be sure to mark your entries
(and chests) clearly with labels that will not be lost if soaked.
Location shall be near the north fence entry to the hall parking
lot.  Entries may be brought to the judging area just after noon,
setup starts at 2PM to be followed by the judging at 4PM.
Pray check gate for any last minute changes to that schedule.
The winner of our competition shall be announced during
Saturday evening's court.

Please note, brewers are not required to be present to answer
questions during the judging but it couldn't hurt.  This should
 go
without saying however no commercial brew kit entries please!
Also, we are highlighting beer, ales & lagers this competition
but should you wish to bring a non-grain libation just to show
or share with our other brewers & judges please do so.  Please
remember, period containers on site only!

Looking forward to seeing everyone at the event!

Visit us at:
steppeslooseassociationofbrewers at yahoogroups.com

Regards,

HL William Black Dragon called "Ironwyrm"
Group Moderator for the SLAB