[Ansteorra] The future of our Kingdom

Alexandra Shahan acshahan at att.net
Tue May 17 18:18:39 PDT 2011

Good gentiles of Ansteorra, the Youth Marshallate of The Steppes issue you a
challenge (okay two):
The past we keep alive will fade away without attention to it's future, and if
you haven't taken a look at our future (boy are you missing out!) here's your
opportunity:

1. Sponsor a youth at the Youth Chivalric tournament.
    that means you have the opportunity to choose a champion from among our
mighty Ansteorran youth army. Cheer for your chosen champion through the youth
tournament and, if your champion wins their age division, attend the final court
on Sunday for the awards.

        I have a limited supply of retired neckties and scarves you can choose
from, write your name on it and bedeck your champion's arm for the tournament
(or feel free to bring your own). As the Youth List Field is right next to the
adult's List Field, you won't miss anything, as the youth tournament starts the
same time as the adult tournament on Saturday morning right after court.

2. Help choose an overall Youth Chivalric Champion (not necessarily a winner of
the tournament). This will be a youth that over the entire weekend displays the
characteristics worthy of King Rene. We are looking for a youth fighter that
does more than fight. I want to hear about youth that participate in other
activities: archery, A & S, water bearing, offering service and friendship of
any kind in any way admirable. Let any of the youth marshals know or send to
word to us (write note and find a youth fighter to bring it to us, an act of
service).

Please contact me with any questions or comments. To the youth fighters and
their parents, more details in another post.

Yours in service,
Lady Alexandra Notte Clare, Steppes Youth Marshall
and for Lord Ivan Ericksson, Deputy Steppes Youth Marshall