[Ansteorra] Youth Chivalric Combat at Steppes War Lord

Alexandra Shahan acshahan at att.net
Tue May 17 18:38:50 PDT 2011

to the Youth Fighters of Ansteorra and their parents, greetings from the
Marshallate of the Steppes!

War Lord is going to be here before you know it. It is also going to be
unforgettable!  We have planned for you a full weekend of things to participate
in, only one of which is the youth tournament on Saturday morning.

First of all, the youth will have their very own list field for the whole
weekend. And it will be set up right next to the adult list field. We can watch
all the adult tourneys and they can see us! No one misses anything! (and I hear
all the list field are going to have some shade!!!!!

to start things off, the Youth Marshalls will have a pavillion set up next to
the youth list field. Come by on Friday and say hi! The more youth we know that
will be involved on Saturday, the easier the planning of the tournament will be.

Saturday: youth tournament right after court (court is about 10am). That means
armor inspections beginning at 9am ish especially if you need loaner gear! See
the email to the populace for more details about the tournament. (Parents must
attend with their fighters or have a notarized form designating a guardian who
will attend).

Saturday afternoon around 3pm (yeah, I know it's wrong on the website, at least
in one place) there will be Youth Chivalric Games at the youth list field. Bring
your armor and prepare to have fun! (some skill, some silliness, all fun).
Parents must attend for children under 12, parents are encouraged to be within
shouting distance for the older youth.

Sunday: Chess tournament in the airconditioned hall around 1pm. Everyone is
encourage to cheer on our youth.

What? nothing on Sunday morning? (hint, hint, there is a youth archery
tournament that morning).

We are encouraging our youth fighters to participate in all that is War Lord -
we want our youth to experience all that is the fun and excitement of War Lord
in the spirit of King Rene and his views of chivalric love. We encourage our
youth to participate in A & S (there will be youth divisions). Archery (novice
and youth events). Chess tournament (bring out the gamers). Consider
volunteering some time for service - you can water bear around the list field
(don't forget our Rapier community on Sunday morning). Water bearers get to walk
in front of everyone and see all the best combat up close! Or help with set up
and take down (your own family's gear as well as others). Help out at gate or
any of the other events. See and be seen!

There will also be time to work in some pick up fights and such. I have heard
from some heavy fighter of some plans they have to share some of their time and
talent with our youth fighters.

Stay tuned, more details as they become available.

(If you even THINK you are going to participate at War Lord,  I would appreciate
an email letting me know, I want to make sure I have plenty of supplies and
enough marshals. I'd like your real name and age, parents name and your SCA
names. Please let me know if you are authorized (have a card, bring it) or want
to be authorized (not necessary to participate in the tournament, I have
waivers, but the authorizing youth marshal will be there!).

Yours in service,
Lady Alexandra Notte Clare, Steppes Youth Marshal
an for Lord Ivan Ericksson, Steppes Deputy Youth Marshal

questions, comments? please email me!
This year, War Lord is gonna ROCK!