[Ansteorra] $7 Pennsic camp fee

Hugh & Belinda Niewoehner burgborrendohl at valornet.com
Thu May 19 19:38:38 PDT 2011

On 5/19/2011 4:42 PM, Angus MacKnochard wrote:
> then slowly it has morphed into a way to make the world better for all of us.
> and finally they make decisions that effect us without our consent

And so it begins...

It's a government (bureaucracy) thing, happens all the time :-) .

We understand Sir Angus' position.  It's a principle, not a monetary
thing.  If a group decides to go together for  food purchases, supplies,
whatever, it should be put forward to that group as to whether they want
to do that option, not as "this is what we are going to do".  Many times
we have been approached before events and asked if we would like to
contribute to a general food purchase and we choose to decline due to
food allergies and preferences.  It is not that we don't want to
associate with those people, it just doesn't work well for us.  But we
were given the choice.  The site quoted made it appear there was no
choice, even if the list now says otherwise.

And for those vilifying Angus' protest (or thinking it is for monetary
reasons), you must not know the man.  He's going to spend more than
those seven dollars not just on his camp, but supporting those around
him.  This is done not because he was forced to, but that's the way he is.

A question (or two)?  Someone mentioned renting a pavilion.  Is it
necessary for showers?  Does it serve another purpose?  Is the royal
pavilion available for gatherings?  Does not the site provide trash
bags?  We usually bring our own wherever we travel, but have been given
them at many events and wars.  Granted, my husband has not been to
Pennsic since XIII and I have never been, but I would think it would be
to their advantage to provide trash bags.

If we were fortunate enough to be going, we would also object to a
requirement to pay additional fees to camp with our Kingdom.

Thank you, Angus,  for speaking out and standing on principle.
Hopefully, things are now better clarified as to the original intent and
the fact that there is a /choice/.

Please, do not take this to mean that the generosity of those who have
been providing so much is not appreciated.

Damon and Ismet