[Ansteorra] My Thanks for Queen's Champion

Queen of Ansteorra queen at crown.ansteorra.org
Mon May 23 20:31:10 PDT 2011

To my swashbucklers, my dons, my cadets, my populace,

The events of this weekend have both inspired me and moved me to tears. The
courtesy displayed in every aspect and in every way exemplifies the highest
ideals of Ansteorra. The fighting was intense yet graceful. The conversation
engaging and meaningful. The camaraderie heartfelt and joyous. I cannot
thank you all enough for gracing me with such gifts as to be remembered for
a lifetime.

To the Tor and its supporters, thank you for hosting my day. Your
recommendation to us was exceeded in all ways.

To my champion, Don Simone Nicholls, your final bout with Don Iago Cabrera
de Cadiz was truly a marvel to behold. The honor and prowess you both
possess is evident even to the most untrained eye (i.e. mine lol). I want to
thank you both for giving your all to me.

To Don Brendan MacEwan, thank you for honoring me with your words and deeds.
Your prowess was secondary to your concern for your queen and shown as a
beacon of humility.

Your Inspired Queen,
Gwen verch Cynwrig de Insula Mona