[Ansteorra] Austin Area Question - Bookstores

HerrDetlef herrdetlef at gmail.com
Thu May 12 21:33:25 PDT 2011

Andrewe,

The Guadalupe store relocated to the old Randall's on Koenig and
Lamar several years ago. They've got a whole room for rare books. If you're
going north on I-35, take the exit for FM 2222, which is Koenig Lane, and
head west (don't take the 290 exit, as that is a flyover that only heads
east towards Houston). Turn left on Lamar, OR turn left on Guadalupe, take
the immediate right into the parking lot, and follow it all the way around.

The South Lamar store (just south of Manchaca Boulevard) is in the same
location it was in back in the 1990's, when I lived in Austin. It's still a
delightful place to browse.

There's also a store in Round Rock north of Gattis School Road on I-35 (take
the Louis Henna exit or the one immediately after if you're heading north on
I-35. Louis Henna is the same exit for Toll Road 45).

Detlef v M

On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 6:15 PM, Joseph Percer <jpercer at gmail.com> wrote:

> Greetings!
>
> It's been a few years since I wandered about the austin area... I
> remember Half Price Books used to have a good sized store on Guadalupe
> St down the road from the UT campus. Their website doesn't seem to
> list this store anymore... Can anyone living in the Austin area
> confirm this is no more?
>
> If so, can you recommend a nice Used book haunt that generally has
> books of an SCA interest?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Andrewe Bawldwyn
>

> --
> Joseph M. Percer, AAS, LP

Hwæt! We Gardena         in geardagum,
þeodcyninga,         þrym gefrunon,
hu ða æþelingas         ellen fremedon.
Oft Scyld Scefing         sceaþena þreatum,
monegum mægþum,         meodosetla ofteah,
egsode eorlas.         Syððan ærest wearð
feasceaft funden,         he þæs frofre gebad,
weox under wolcnum,         weorðmyndum þah,
oðþæt him æghwylc         þara ymbsittendra
ofer hronrade         hyran scolde,
gomban gyldan.         þæt wæs god cyning!