[Ansteorra] List administration tasks

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Sun May 15 17:21:47 PDT 2011

On Sun, 15 May 2011, James Anderson wrote:
> would the list moderator please contact me

That sort of question comes up a lot on mailing lists, so I thought I
could mention how to find such people.

The "mailman" system that the Ansteorran lists use are a lot like
other mailing list packages.  At the bottom of each message it puts
info.  In this case,

> Ansteorra mailing list
> Ansteorra at lists.ansteorra.org

That page has options to
- see the archives of postings
- subscribe
- see the subscribers' list, if you're a subscriber
- unsubscribe
- get a password reminder
- contact the list admins:

   Ansteorra list run by myfanwy at pug.net, serveradmin at ansteorra.org

   That's a link to ansteorra-owner at lists.ansteorra.org
   so ansteorra-owner at lists.ansteorra.org is who you should contact if
   one of the choices above doesn't do what you want.

Also, the header of each message has List-* fields, if your e-mail
program can show you all headers.  (The mailer I use, pine, shows
     [ Note: This message contains email list management information ]
at the bottom and I can right-arrow to get to a menu.)

The headers are

     <http://lists.ansteorra.org/options.cgi/ansteorra-ansteorra.org>,