[Ansteorra] Steppes Warlord is here!

shark shark75080 at sbcglobal.net
Tue May 17 19:20:52 PDT 2011

Greetings Ansteorra!

Warlord is less than two weeks away and we are planning many some great
activities in addition to the traditional Chivalric, Rapier, Archery, and Bardic
Championships.

However, we didn’t get the RV information in the ad so I wanted to provide it
here: The cost is $15 for electrical hookups only and $20 for full RV hookup.
You will be able to sign up at gate.

We are having an A&S competition in the hall on Saturday sponsored by HL Katya,
Steppes Artisan and Lord Duncan, Steppes A&S Minister. Sign in 15 minutes after
morning court. There are 3 levels based on age: 10 and under, 11 to 15, and 16
years and older. Winners determined by popular vote and by the sponsors for a
total of 6 possible winners. Voting begins at 1pm and ends at 4pm.

The Steppes Loose Association of Brewers (SLAB) is sponsoring a Beer, Ale &
Lager Competition. Judging will be on Saturday at 4pm. Setup starts at 2pm.
Check gate for the setup location and bring your entries by after noon. We will
have coolers or you can bring your own. Kegs are fine, but you need your own
equipment. The winner of our competition will be announced during Saturday
evening's court.

We are having youth activities all weekend - A Youth Chivalric tournament begins
shortly after court Saturday Morning. Youth Chivalric Games at 3 pm Saturday at
the Youth List field. Youth Chess Tournament at 1 pm Sunday in the hall.

There will be a Hafla and Middle Eastern Dance competition Saturday night. The
ME Dance Competition begins at 9pm at the Hafla, and consists of one piece,
middle-eastern style; documentation is encouraged, but not required. Live Music
(bring your own) or recorded is fine (you will need to bring your own sound
system, unless you have an mp3 player or iPod that we can dock in the system we
have).

There will be a scribal table and herald’s table in the hall all day on
Saturday. There are merchants coming and they will be set up in the hall and
outside on site.

We look forward to seeing you there.

For more information, please see our Website:
http://steppes.ansteorra.org/warlord/home.html  (For information on lodging,
look under Site Info)

Lady Susanna Nightegale, Steppes Warlord, Co-Autocrat