[Ansteorra] $7 Pennsic camp fee

aferrell aferrell at greatambience.com
Thu May 19 23:56:51 PDT 2011

Yikes,  I didn't mean to make anyone feel excluded or unwelcome.
The whole idea behind a group encampment is to come together.
The fee was decided after a lot of thought and conversations with many.

/The kingdom and populace encampment are to support Ansteorra as whole.
  We are one, not a series of individual camps.  Everyone is asked to
pitch in
  for the good of all.  That's why, for example, you'll see Sir Wilhelm
taking out
  the trash, or  Aingeal bringing water to the fighters.
*We collectively act and contribute for the honor and glory of Ansteorra.*/

When you go to an event in Ansteorra, the site fee goes to the
sponsoring group
who provides things such as water, pickles, trash bags,  lighting in the
common
  area and such.  At Pennsic, your site fees do not contribute to this.
Your camp fee will.

To make things more equitable every adult is being asked to pitch in
$7.  For most Ansteorrans,
this comes out to be a $1 per day at Pennsic.  I don't think this is too
much to ask of people
  to  make the Ansteorra camp more hospitable for both Ansteorrans and
visitors.

I hope this clarifies that the camp fee isn't for individual services
  but for things that better the encampment as a whole.

sincerely,
Seraphina