[Ansteorra] Camp fee what to do about it

Dan Baker lordrhys at gmail.com
Sat May 21 20:13:18 PDT 2011

Umm, I have taught many classes over the years, and no I am not a peer.  I
have yet to charge for a copy of a handout, or materials, and certainly not
travel expenses.  And I have taught classes of as many as 75 people.  I
chose to take care of my costs,THAT IS MY CHOICE, and I have no problem with
others who for various reasons defray their expenses with a nominal fee.
Now if they are charging an excessive fee, say $5 for $1 worth of handouts,
I object and will not pay or partake in the class.  Fees should reflect the
true out of pocket costs.  And the same for a Pennsic camp fee.  There are
costs to running a camp for a group, if everyone chips in to cover the true
costs, how is that not fair?  Did you want the services to be ala carte?  Oh
heck I will pay for this and this, but not that?