[Ansteorra] question about statement on fee

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun May 22 02:48:31 PDT 2011

On May 21, 2011, at 6:43 PM, willowdewisp at juno.com wrote:

> As an responsible camper I come to the war expecting to provide
> water and other things for myself or I would get with a group of
> people and arrange for it.  I would do this even if a camp fee was
> charged.
> Beyond this what could I expect from my fee?
> willow
> Please don't say showers because I believe the showers at War to be
> a cultural experience not to be missed.
> willow

Willow, could you please elaborate? And particularly on when you found
them to be a cultural experience?

I had heard stories about bards entertaining the crowds lined up for a
shower, but by the time I went to my first Pennsic, Pennsic 21, a lot
of camps seem to have gone to having their own showers and when there
has been a line at the event showers it has been only a handful of
people. Of course, this didn't mean the water was warm. Maybe I've
been going to the wrong showers? Usually the main one by the store,
when I was camping in Ansteorra, or at the bottom of Runestone Hill
when I've been camping down by the lake. For those wondering, swimming
in Cooper's Lake is not recommended.

I remember being impressed at Pennsic 21, just how many camps had full-
size household water heaters in their camps, when riding around on the
hay wagon, since replaced by various buses.

Stefan

--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com