[Ansteorra] culture and showers at war

willowdewisp at juno.com willowdewisp at juno.com
Sun May 22 13:07:38 PDT 2011

I am sure that the showers have changed . I found them a wonderful way to soak up the differences between kingdoms.
If you throw out a topic you can many different viewpoints. Once the conversation went to awards and I mentioned the Lion of Ansteorra. A  Lady in front of me ask what was it for and went on to describe persona and how a Lion is someone who makes the Medieval world become real. I talked about   Master Red Orm and Master Ragnar and how you could feel a cold wind when you saw them across the field. I talked about how they made the make believe world of our kingdom seem real.
She gave me a very strange look and  said "How Quaint." It was then I realized how truly different from the other kingdoms we were back them.
Later this same Duchess as I found out when she had clothes on invited me to a King Rene tournament. She went on and on about how period it would be but then she told me" None of that persona stuff. We don't go into that."
I have met wonderful people going to the showers. I am sure that the people who make a point of getting out of their comfort zone and going to the public shower are all sort of alike. Some of my best adventures at wars have started out with meeting someone at the shower.
willow