[Ansteorra] Adhesive!

David J. Hughes davidjhughes.tx at netzero.com
Mon May 30 22:05:15 PDT 2011

Sounds like what you're looking for is a clear varnish or bleached shellac (dissolved shellac treated with a precipitating agent to remove colored impurities)http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Varnish A reasonably colorless resin, dissolved in a solvent (alcohol and turpentine are both period), with maybe a drying oil such as linseed oil. Drying time might be long ( think days or weeks) Another possibility is isinglass    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isinglass       with a waterproofing layer of shellac which wouldn't have mush color. David Gallowglass ---------- Original Message ----------