[Ansteorra] So you've Always Wanted to Be a Marshal....

Morgan Buchanan morganbuchanan at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 17:05:27 PDT 2011

I don't think you can actually call on that one, since there is no
requirement that the two occupants of the thrones be legally related.

I also don't think a stipulation is being considered that ruling same-sex
pairs be romantically involved. A ruling in favor of same-sex pairs
entering crown lists could open up the door for more gentlemen who do not
fight in chivalric combat to attain the royal dignity. Right now, the only
ways a gentleman can hope to be Crown is to be either a chivalric combatant
himself, or to be the consort of a chivalric combatant. The issue need not
be one of LBGT rights.

Detlef

On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 6:01 PM, Chris Zakes <dontivar at gmail.com> wrote:

> At 08:03 AM 11/2/2011, you wrote:
>
> You see, I like that we're an historical re-creative group and with a few
>> exceptions {deodorant, toothpaste, store bought fabric, etc }we try to
>> adhere to that. Personally I feel that if we become too PC we're in danger
>> of becoming merely a "dress-up" costume party. That being said, if it was
>> done in written history, then why not? Sincerely, Anna Mirofanova
>>

> Well, that's part of the problem: the examples of same-sex rulers given by
> the "pro" folks were generally *relatives*--parent and child or
> brothers--not gay lovers, so re-creating that particular bit of history
> isn't as clear-cut as it might be.
>
>        -Tivar Moondragon

Hwæt! We Gardena         in geardagum,
þeodcyninga,         þrym gefrunon,
hu ða æþelingas         ellen fremedon.
Oft Scyld Scefing         sceaþena þreatum,
monegum mægþum,         meodosetla ofteah,
egsode eorlas.         Syððan ærest wearð
feasceaft funden,         he þæs frofre gebad,
weox under wolcnum,         weorðmyndum þah,
oðþæt him æghwylc         þara ymbsittendra
ofer hronrade         hyran scolde,
gomban gyldan.         þæt wæs god cyning!