[Ansteorra] Royalty - Same Sex Consorts‏

Rose rose_welch at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 1 22:20:50 PDT 2011

"Situation B: A married couple have spent the last year as the seneschal
and herald of a barony. They have found it convenient having these two
high-paperwork offices in the same house, and so they are both stepping
down together. Another couple want to do the same thing, and have
applied to be replacement officers, which they want to do together.
However, they are both heralds, and they are asking the barony to have
two heralds and no seneschal for the next two years. Should they be
allowed to do so? I think everyone who understands the SCA structure
will say "No"."

This scenario is a little confusing to me. I understand that the duties of a Senechal and a Herald are very different, but I don't understand how they relate to our Crown, in reference to their genders. Is there something that our Crowns do that involves their private bits? If so, please explain. (Off-list, if necessary to avoid tender eyes.)

-Rose

I know that you believe you understand what you think I meant, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I wrote.