[Ansteorra] opinion

Elisabeth B. Zakes kitharis at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 11:59:23 PST 2011

On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 13:30, Franchesca Bush <franchescabush at gmail.com>wrote:

> Generally speaking, I wouldn't put "hobbies" down on a resume.

It depends on the hobby and what you do with it. In my spare time I run a
game server, which includes maintaining the server, uploading builds,
keeping backups, and managing the forum and database. It's a hobby, but
that's exactly what got me the job before this one.

The trick is to tailor each resume and cover letter to what the job is
rather than to splat everything you can do to everyone. Make it easy for
the company to pick up the phone to call you because you look like just the
person they need to talk to.

Aethelyan