[Ansteorra] Heartfelt thanks to everyone at BAM

Germanicus de Atlan ldgermanicus at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 20 16:07:16 PST 2011

We're back home in Elfsea, exhausted and grinning from ear to ear after the best Bordermarch Autumn Melees ever! To all of you who made this year so magical especially to all of the Youth Combat Fighters from 3 Kingdoms, my sincere thanks.  Several chivalric fighters from Ansteorra and Gleann Abhann worked with the young combatants to train them on castle fighting, helped Alexandra and I run battle after battle, and made it possible by being there for me to sneak away and fight in a real brawl of a ravine battle!  The boys, for we unfortunately had none of our legendary lady warriors with us this time, fought on the castle, in the ravine, in the woods, on the field and even had enough left for the Skull tourney in front of the Royal Pavillion at the end of the day. Their Royal Majesties made sure to include our young in everything that the SCA can mean to us as adults, and all of the future defenders of our Kingdoms slept well after a hard fought day! Again, my thanks to all of you who made this weekend into legend. At your service,Germanicus,Central Region Youth Combat Marshal