[Ansteorra] Question about researching historic pathogens

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Nov 27 15:57:44 PST 2011

Yes. I sent you another message by email about my interest in such
articles for the Florilegium, but let me reply here on this one as well.

Here is one similar article I have in the PERSONAL CARE section of the
Florilegium. I'd love to have more. From a modern or period
perspective. And I agree with Mike that part of the problem is
figuring out exactly which disease various period reports were talking
about.

Thorns-o-Rose-art (29K)  2/ 3/10  "Thorns on a Rose - The History and
Historical
                                      Epidemiology of Syphilis in
Renaissance
                                      Europe" by THLady Maimuna al-
Bukhariyya.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/PERSONAL/Thorns-o-Rose-art.html

I have others, once I can figure out how to translate them from ".pub"
format. But as there are different opinions and as authors approach
the same subject from different angles, multiple articles on the same
subject are acceptable.

Stefan