[Ansteorra] Battle of Three Kings

Galen Bevel grafgalen at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 16:03:50 PDT 2011

Unto my Righteous Brother Master Hugh de Revel, GrandMaster of the
Hospital, and to the people of this vast land of Ansteorra, Do I, Anno
von Sangershausen, Hochmeister der des Orden der Brüder vom Deutschen
Haus St. Mariens in Jerusalem,( the Order of the Brothers of the
German House of St.
Mary in Jerusalem, known also as the Teutonic Order), send greetings,

I find myself and my companion brothers to be on a pilgrimmage much
like yourself, travelling to the city of Acre to address the strife
that has gripped our botherhoods in recent months and years.  The
tension between our orders has perhaps taken our eye off of the main
goal of our charter, to protect and provide succor and Hospital to
those many good Christian pilgrims who make the long journey to visit
the most holy Kingdom of Jerusalem.  I go to mend the rifts that have
grown and make peace that we may stand together against the enemies
that threaten that good land.

It therefore brings great distress to my heart to see the words of
your missif, indicating that you build an army to attend upon you at
what is to be a gathering of peace.  Since the inception of our
charter, the Teutonic order has always received the smallest portion
of the resources, land and treasure  in Jerusalem, but we have kept
faith and struggled onward to perform our duty none the less.

Now it seems that we are to be met at the gate by an opposing force.
I come to make peace, but I will no longer allow the good german
pilgrims of our lord to be trampled in the dust.  If a force is to be
raised against us, we will come likewise in force.  I invite all those
with a sense for justice and righteous anger to join me in Acre.
Welcome all will be, whether a Knight of Our Lord, or a secular man at
Arms.  I pronounce an exemption of the OrdensRule against Tournament
for the day.  We will face all who oppose us, whether in peaceful
contests at arms, or conflict upon the field.   We will give as we are
offered.

I beg you brother, look to your people, your kit, and your manner.
Take stock and do what is right.

Gott mit uns

Anno von Sangershausen,
Hochmeister der den MarienRitter
(aka Graf Galen Kirchenbauer in these lands of Ansteorra)