[Ansteorra] Royalty - Same Sex Consorts‏

Ian Dun Gillan ian1550 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Nov 1 23:30:32 PDT 2011

Must humble greetings to one and all.
Please try to see with in the eyes of your imagination one fighter, a person who for years has trained in the marshal skills who summons all their honor, courage, and chivalry entering the lists for the one whose favor they bear. The person who provided that favor resides within the heart and soul of that fighter as the love of their life and the inspiration to make them be the knight they have become. On that one day in the crown tournament above all others that one fighter wins to claim the crown and the kingdom. The fighter won because their prowess and the honor, courage, and chivalry they have exhibited are the self same qualities that their significant other inspires and our teachings instills within them. Picture now how with great pride at the height of glory that fighter is crowned Prince and turns to place upon the head of their consort the crown...imagine that is you, imagine how you feel in that one moment.

Lords and Ladies, Nobles, good folk all isn't that moment at the height of glory the very heart and soul of the dream that is the SCA? All I have to say is why steal that away from someone just because the sex of the person who inspires is the same as the hand that wins the honor.

Helping each other to achieve their dreams of being a noble, a knight, a king, or even a queen isn't that the main reason we play this game of dress up. My personal opinion is that sometimes because of all our rules that we forget that.

Most kindly
Ian Dun Gillan