[Ansteorra] Royalty - Same Sex Consorts‏

Peter Wohlers donpieter at aol.com
Wed Nov 2 06:21:53 PDT 2011

Well let's first define the word since you are unclear or unable:
queen
[kween]
- noun1. female sovereign2. the wife of a king3. the fertile female of bees, ants, etc.- verb (used with object)4. to crown as queen
So as we see in the definition of the word class, the first point is that SHE is female. Not a man dressed as a woman but female. As to the second part even if the couple in the SCA is not really married in real life the queen portrays that role. I know that there are examples of a single queen like the great gloriana herself Elizabeth but she is a glorious one off example of an unmarried Queen. And to note a female. The third, not important to the conversation, as we are not bees or ants and do not play them in our personas thou many crowns in the SCA work like busy bees to keep the kingdom running.

Remember class always use reference sources before asking question. It helps keep the class moving.

Don Pieter

CAVE QUID DICIS,QUANDO,ET CUI

Sent from my iPhone