[Ansteorra] FW: Dutch Gold Honey

Jay Rudin rudin at peoplepc.com
Thu Nov 10 10:41:27 PST 2011

Brendan asked:

>so I want to know.  My company wants to know about its employee's accomplishments.  Should I mention the 60 or so tournaments?  Is an SCA accomplishment real?  It is to me but ...

Too many details left out. What is the corporate culture? How formal are they? Why do they want to know? How mundane are your boss, her boss, and his boss?

I've told engineering companies that I have run a weekend event for a not-for-profit corporation, with a budget up to a few thousand for more than 600 people, including signing contracts, organizing work parties, coordinating safety officers and security, etc. (I didn't tell them it was called Steppes Warlord.) I've described being a precedence herald in terms of database management.

I've told the universities where I teach that I also teach fencing, heraldry, and poetry, and choreographed fight scenes for plays.

I discuss fencing tourney victories or winning performance competitions in the same situations in which I mention NASTAR skiing medals.

Robin of Gilwell / Jay Rudin