[Ansteorra] opinion

Franchesca Bush franchescabush at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 11:30:15 PST 2011

I would say there is no guidelines for who gets to have a longer resume
than others.  No one looks at the length of a resume and goes oh that
person must be older.  It may also show they job hopped a lot.  Best
scenario is to take your relevent experience and distill it to some hard
hitting bullet points.  As Lady Augustina Elizabetta da San Germano said,
taking your skills and producing it to something that relates to the job at
hand, or your current job, as the case my be, provides an opportunity to
showcase your outside talents, show your ability to communicate
effectively, and able to meet the needs of the company, client, customer
(which I always want to type costumer).

Generally speaking, I wouldn't put "hobbies" down on a resume.  You are
part of a volunteer organization.  You are a member if you pay your dues.
Volunteer associations are more highly valued than activites that are
considered hobbies.  Highlight leadership roles, community service
activities, traning and development, or research functions related to your
time with the SCA is much more impactful for most career situations.  Now
if you work for Medieval Times, a year round Renn Faire group, or applying
to be a musketeer (or stunt double), you may want to refocus your delivery.

Francisca Sastre de Arellano
(Current Staffing/HRIS Contractor, former recruiter, employee relations, HR
generalist)