[Ansteorra] yuletide celebrations

willowdewisp at juno.com willowdewisp at juno.com
Sun Nov 27 10:26:07 PST 2011

As the time of yule approaches we in the SCA are given a great opportunity to learn more about the cultures we study.
Researching for the fun of it is at it height as we try to design our table decorations.
Here is a great site by a real Countess. She has written some of my favorite yule customs books and is a true Christmas scholar.
http://www.christmasarchives.com/toc.html
Have fun but remember if something is "Traditional" it proablemly has a history of only 200 years or less.
For example the Polish Cribs. Navity scenes go back to the 1220's but the swonderful castles only go back to 1930's. The same as the cut paper Nueles
Your willow