[Ansteorra] Question about researching historic pathogens

Robert G. Ferrell rgferrell at gmail.com
Sun Nov 27 10:54:31 PST 2011

On 11/27/2011 11:21 AM, Elyssa Hoffman wrote:

> I'm working on a couple of interesting cases this weekend that I might
> seek permission to write educational papers on. ( CE or CEU's for
> those in the medical field.) I posted awhile back about Yersinia
> pestis and there was enough interest for several posts to occur. The
> question I have today is: Is there enough interest and information in
> Medievil medicine to do a reseach project on other pathogens that
> "plagued" the time period. Or has this already been done to death? I
> figured if I can write I paper on the clock and get paid for it I
> could continue it for SCA fun.

I think this is an excellent idea, and a field that is rather
underrepresented in SCA research.

My senior honors paper in a Pathogenic Microorganisms class in college
was on Airborne Fungal Infections (this was back before the microscope
was invented, of course). That might also be an interesting branch of
this topic.

Cynric