[Ansteorra] The Legacy of Lions - Are YOU Ready?

Suzanne hsetrinity at aol.com
Sun Oct 2 16:45:29 PDT 2011

Greetings, Ansteorra!

THE Grand Tournament, The Legacy of Lions celebrating the 35th Anniversary of our Fair Lands, is fastapproaching!  Are YOU ready!?!

In less than 2 weeks, we shall see the forces of theTournament of Lions vie against the forces of the Tournee de Lyonesse.  Surely, you want to be a part of this augustgroup of legend!

We have received only a few Letters of Intent, and thisdistresses us greatly!  As we celebratethe 35th Anniversary of our fair lands, we are encouraging, letters of intentmore creative and beautiful than merely email, but we are eagerly awaitingletters in that medium, also.  Emailcopies can be sent to hsetrinity_at_aol.com. (Please note: If you plan on mailing or presenting a physical letter inwhatever medium, please send us an email note as well, so that we can ensure your entry.  If you know of someone who plans on fightingat the event, please remind them that a letter of intent and sponsorship by anartisan is required to be considered as one of our champions, and either aphysical or email copy must be received no later than October 12.)   Ouraddress is listed in the Black Star, or you can email us for more information.

Also, please remember that we are asking that each combatantbe sponsored by an Artisan, who will give a token of their art to us.  It may be as humble as homemade bread or as exaltedas calligraphy or carving, but you may not sponsor yourself.  If you would like to enter, but need anartisan to sponsor you, please contact Her Excellency Suzanne, and we willensure that you have a sponsor.

There will be an Arts display, from which Baron Philippe andmyself, the Daughter of Lions and the Daughter of Lyonesse will choosefavorites and give out largesse and wordfame. The theme is “Lions”.

All who would attend, particularly as combatants, pleaseread carefully the words on our web pages at http://www.luridmusestudios.com/SCA/BaronialWeb/LegacyOfLions/).   We have provided information about the fees,the Sponsorship, the Letters of Intent, the Schedule, the Fighting, the Mace CrestMelee, the Arts, and more!

In addition to the fighting and the arts competitions, therewill be a pumpkin carving competition sponsored by Mistress Radegund, a museumcelebrating the history of our beloved Barony, an evening tavern, a sumptuous feast prepared byMistress Seraphina, an omelet breakfast on Sunday hosted by the Viking Longshipcrew, and much, much more!

Please come and share arts, fighting, history, food, drinkand song with us!

Philippe LeChanceux and Suzanne Gabrielle Marie Beraud
6th Baron and Baroness of Bjornsborg