[Ansteorra] Charter Painting - A Gentle Reminder

Star Signet star-signet at herald.ansteorra.org
Mon Oct 10 10:28:58 PDT 2011

Good Day to those in our lovely Kingdom,

After a conversation with our newest Sable Scroll, Master Baron Duncan
Hepburn,  I would like to gently remind all of those who take their time to
paint the Scroll Blanks (charters) for awards of a few things:

1.  Please do not take a charter and recopy it on any other paper than what
the Regional Signets have.  This is for two reasons:

A.  Recopying will eventually change the correct/approved size of the scroll
as well as change the lines in which paint is to be laid in.  See your
Regional Signets or myself for copies as we have Masters to work with.
B.  The paper chosen was tested extensively with calligraphy ink to insure
it worked optimally.

If you need charters to paint, either contact your Regional for copies or
myself as I have copies available for painting.

2. Please use only gouache paints when painting your scrolls. Not only are
gouache paints period, they last longer and will adhere to the paper we have
chosen to use.

3.  Please remember to either sign your name or your group name in pencil on
the back of the scrolls. I wish to see each of you, who spend your precious
time finishing these works of art, get well deserved credit.

To my Regional Signet and Guild Heads,  if you are unsure about the paper
you have, please contact me. I would like to send out samples to each of you
for your use, as well as the guilds so that we can take charters printed on
incorrect paper out of circulation.

Please feel free to contact me directly with any questions or comments.

--
In Service to the Dream,

Lady Viviana Rowntree
Star Signet Herald