[Ansteorra] Personal heralds for the Legacy of the Lions

HerrDetlef herrdetlef at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 15:28:07 PDT 2011

Greetings to the list!

Lord Ioannes Dalassenos has contracted me to announce him in procession this
weekend at the Legacy of the Lions tournament to be held in the Barony of
Bjornsborg. I have composed a script, but I would like to make a suggestion
to those of you who are fighting in the tournament who have not contracted a
herald:

If you have not already contracted a herald to accounce you in procession,
may I suggest that you bring a list of your awards and honors (in descending
order of preference, preferably) and the blazon of your registered coat of
arms with you to the tournament? I have had the luxury of looking these
things up on the Ansteorran Order of Precedence and the SCA Armorial online,
but any herald you approach on site may not have that luxury.

Remember: if you are kind to your herald, your herald will be kind to you.

Yours in these Current Middle Ages,
Detlef von Marburg

--
Hwæt! We Gardena         in geardagum,