[Ansteorra] Black death sequence

Colleen Fisher collateral.cepheid at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 09:15:44 PDT 2011

What's really cool about the paper is that they manged to get DNA from tooth
and bone samples, then get a near full (93.48%) genome of the critter with
minimum coverage. It's also surprising that there are so few single
nucleotide changes in the genome and plasmids, but it's kinda weird to look
at just that for virulence. Also, they point out that there are large genome
changes and don't look at the possible virulence impact of those more major
changes except for matching that information to modern strains.

Aah well, kinda cool anyways.

-Kite the Damaged
(kinda cool to see my job have something to do with Period life)