[Ansteorra] Translation help

HerrDetlef herrdetlef at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 07:20:47 PDT 2011

You really shouldn't put Sir Dieterich and "Lord" Hanse in the same room.
There will be blood involved. And with my beloved language present? Horrors!

On second thought, being put in the same room with Sir Dieterich may be
exactly what "Lord" Hanse needs.

:-)

Detlef

On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 7:53 AM, ledonna mcgowan <ledmcgowan at gmail.com>wrote:

> Thanks.  That's a good idea, Sir Dieterich/Hanse has volunteered to read it
> for me.
>
> Delphina
>

> On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 7:35 AM, Dan Baker <lordrhys at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>  > Did you try google translate?  http://translate.google.com/
> >
> > -Capten Rhys
> >
> > On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 6:57 AM, ledonna mcgowan <ledmcgowan at gmail.com
> > >wrote:
> >
> > > I am in need of someone who can read German or French.  I have a lace
> > book
> > > that I need to see if there is any thing that is period related in the
> > > first
> > > three pages (there are pictures on the pages as well so there is not a
> > lot
> > > of text) so that I can work on translating it.   If you can help let me
> > > know
> > > off list.
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance.
> > > Delphina

Hwæt! We Gardena         in geardagum,
þeodcyninga,         þrym gefrunon,
hu ða æþelingas         ellen fremedon.
Oft Scyld Scefing         sceaþena þreatum,
monegum mægþum,         meodosetla ofteah,
egsode eorlas.         Syððan ærest wearð
feasceaft funden,         he þæs frofre gebad,
weox under wolcnum,         weorðmyndum þah,
oðþæt him æghwylc         þara ymbsittendra
ofer hronrade         hyran scolde,
gomban gyldan.         þæt wæs god cyning!