[Ansteorra] Legacy of Lions Crest Tourney

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Mon Oct 17 10:48:19 PDT 2011

The original article had a sentence ending in
>>> http://heraldry.ansteorra.org/achievements.php.
where the trailing period was punctuation, not part of the URL.

On Mon, 17 Oct 2011, ysfaeleleanor at aol.com wrote:
> [Tivar wrote:]
>> If you click on the link as-is, you'll get a 404 error message (the
>> period confuses things.) The correct link is:
>> http://heraldry.ansteorra.org/achievements.php
>
> --Worked okay for me ...

I think it very much depends on what program is used to view the e-mail.
Some may include trailing punctuation in the URL, some may not.

I always set off a URL with whitespace just to prevent any possible
problems, like

http://wins.failblog.org/2011/10/16/epic-win-photos-parenting-win-4/ .

Or sometimes I use angle brackets,

<http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/2011/09/orphan-elephants/nichols-photography#/01-protecting-shukuru-670.jpg>

(Both pages are quite safe for work, BTW, and are cute and thoughtful
pictures respectively.)

There are other possibilities.  For example, I read e-mail in a
terminal window, which converts HTML to text indifferently well.  So I
appreciate messages where all the information is in the text, not in
pictures, color changes, hidden URLs ("_Click here_ to register"), and
such.  Mailing lists like this one tend to be very good about that.

Danel de Lyncoln
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com