[Ansteorra] Legacy of Lions Crest Tourney

Jay Rudin rudin at peoplepc.com
Tue Oct 18 08:01:07 PDT 2011

Daniel wrote:

>Laurel Sovereign of Arms registers only names and armory (and a few
>related things).  The SCA does not register any of the Ansteorran
>achievement of arms stuff other than the shield itself -- not the
>crest, not the helm, not the mantling, not the motto, ...
>
>So far as I know, no other kingdom registers those items.

Correct, but if it matters to you, there is a work-around, for anybody who cares about such things. My crest (a mustache) and my supporter (an owl ermine) are both registered badges. The SCA College of Arms doesn't know (or care) that I use them as a badge and supporter, but they are protected from anybody else's use anyway, as badges.

Robin of Gilwell / Jay Rudin