[Ansteorra] [Bryn-gwlad] Resting places for infants and toddlers

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue Oct 18 18:35:47 PDT 2011

<<< Paging Don Connor and the lovely Robin! They had an awesome wagon
at Baronial, one that was big enough to carry two four year olds
(sitting up), had a lovely sunshade, and collapsed fully flat. I seem
to recall it was fairly expensive, but it was nice enough that Edmund
and I plan to get one as soon as finances allow.

Perhaps Robin would be kind enough to post the particulars on it?

Elen verch Pehllip >>>

Yes, more details please.

Was this wagon period looking?

Some of you may have seen the small wooden wagon I have that is pulled
by my small, white dog, Snowball. This kind of wagon might work for
small toddler or infant. It works well enough for the other, very
small dog, Daisy, that we sometimes bring to events. It would work
better if the wheels weren't close to collapse.:-) One of which did,
on the way out of the feast hall. Time to make some replacement wooden
wheels.

As a side note, for anyone who might be interested in modifying a
small wagon to be pulled by a dog, see this file in the TRAVEL section
of the Florilegium:
Dog-Carts-art     (24K) 11/15/06  "Dog Carts and Draft Dog Training:
                                      Directions to Convert a European
Style
                                      Hand Wagon into a "Period" Dog
Wagon" by
                                      Lady Rachael of Bhakail.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/TRAVEL/Dog-Carts-art.html

It would be nice to see more wooden, period looking wagons at SCA
events, whether pulled by a dog or by hand. Unfortunately, I can't
offer much on building the wagons since I bought mine on ebay (for $70
including shipping) and didn't make it. Although the wagon does have
to be modified and tow bars and harness added and/or modified to fit
the dog.

Stefan

--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com