[Ansteorra] [Bryn-gwlad] Feasts running late (was: Stuck up here today... how was LoL?)

Suzanne hsetrinity at aol.com
Tue Oct 18 19:15:16 PDT 2011

 Responded privately.

~Suzanne

-----Original Message-----
From: Stefan li Rous <StefanliRous at austin.rr.com>
To: Barony of Bryn Gwlad <bryn-gwlad at lists.ansteorra.org>; Inc. Kingdom of Ansteorra - SCA <ansteorra at lists.ansteorra.org>
Cc: Suzanne <hsetrinity at aol.com>
Sent: Tue, Oct 18, 2011 9:01 pm
Subject: Re: [Bryn-gwlad] Feasts running late (was: Stuck up here today... how was LoL?)

On Oct 18, 2011, at 8:18 AM, Suzanne wrote:

I would like to address this conversation.  <snip>

 Stefan, if this was your only take-away from this event, then I am sorry.  If you, as you state, felt that we were being "discourteous, even uppity" to wait for two individuals who give of their time and resources to work constantly to represent us all with grace and aplomb, then I would say that I would disagree with your assessment. I would also say that your denigration of the event staff, Philippe and I, and most importantly Their Majesties, on a public list is an example of what I would consider to be discourteous behavior.

 I do hope that all of you who were able to attend had a more favorable assessment of the Legacy of Lions. I know that many people worked very diligently to make this an enjoyable event for all in attendance.

 Yours in service,

 Suzanne Gabrielle Marie Beraud
 Baroness of Bjornsborg

Your Excellency,

Please do take a look at my original message. The part, in a rather long message, that seems to have started this thread on feasts starting on time was only a single sentence or two.  And while I had both positive and a few negative comments about parts of this event, I thought it was a wonderful event and even after my comment about the feast starting late, I did say "I'm glad we stuck around" and followed that up with:

"It included bread bowls of Cheese Goo (Digby's savory tosted cheese), a gourd (pumpkin) soup, which I actually liked, some wonderful roast beef, which could have used one of various medieval sauces, but was much more tasty and tender than much of the roast beast I've had at SCA events. There was also roasted onions. I don't know if that was meant to be served with the roast beef or not. It came to our table long before the beef. It also hadn't been roasted long enough, but was okay, more like boiled onions than roasted onions which are sweeter having broken down things into simpler sugars.  And some very nice apple/fruit pies."

I was not denigating the event staff, or even our Royalty.  I do like Duke Gunther's suggestion that the Crown could be apprised of the situation that the scheduled feast time is about upon use, and that they might wish to stop the circle for feast and reconvene it later if they so desire. Duke Gunthar does approach this from a variety of different viewpoints, as past Royalty, as a member of multiple Peerage Circles, as a many-time headcook (and a good one at that) and as sometimes, just a feaster.

If anyone wants a copy of the original message, I would be happy to send it to you by email.

Stefan

--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/marksharris