[Ansteorra] Bardic PSA- RECALL NOTICE

mikea mikea at mikea.ath.cx
Wed Oct 19 08:18:44 PDT 2011

On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 09:41:57AM -0500, Katerinka Ikonnikova wrote:
> I'm currently reading a book "The Truth Will Out" (by Brenda James &
> William D. rubinstein) which puts forth Henry Neville as the author in a
> very frustratingly arrogant way. Again, the main argument is that someone
> of Shakespeare's class & education couldn't possibly have written such
> works. Yet Neville was smart enough & traveled enough.
>
> Has anyone else read this? I find the argument that he was, for all
> intents & purposes, too stupid to write them very cruel. I also find the
> authors style of writing very arrogantly matter of fact. I'm trying to
> get through the whole book but I keep having to put it down repeatedly
> out of annoyance.

Assuming what one wishes to prove, rather than demonstrating convincing
evidence of its truth/existence/validity, is not new; I wish it would die
out, but it suits the purposes of a certain type of writer/researcher
altogether too well.

Thanks for pointing out Yet Another Author to avoid.

--
Mike Andrews        /   Michael Fenwick    Barony of Namron, Ansteorra
mikea at mikea.ath.cx  /   Amateur Extra radio operator W5EGO