[Ansteorra] Artisan Row Event at Steppes Warlord 2012

Vickie arastya at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 29 11:37:56 PDT 2011

Greeting,

We will be having an “Artisan Row” at Steppes Warlord 2012.  It is a special event and I wanted to give
all the Artisans of Ansteorra enough time to prepare.  What the idea of the “Artisan Row” is for
the Artisan’s to set up period looking workshops to display their craft.  It is a body of work type display, but it
differs from what we typically think of as a body of work.  It isn’t about displaying everything you do;
it is about creating the feel of the workspace your chosen craft would have
been created in.
Some ideas are;
Jeweler’s Shop
Blacksmith shop
Woodworker’s shop
Tailor’s Shop
You could even do a lady’s solar for showcasing your
embroidery or a kitchen for your cooking, it doesn’t have to always be a work
shop, just recreate the environment your craft would have been created in.
Documentation is encouraged but not required.  Documentation for the items displayed will be
limited to 3 x 5 cards displayed with the item.  The main documentation should be for the shop and where you got your ideas
for the layout and items contained.
Standard area for the set-up of your workshop is a 10 x 10 foot
space.  We will have space both inside
and outside the air-conditioned hall.  We
will let you know about pre-registration for your reserved spot as we get
closer to the event.
More information and details will be provided as we get
closer to the event.  Please feel free to
ask questions.
Mistress Asiya
Artisan Row Stewart