[Ansteorra] Same-Sex Consorts

Ronda Melendez rivyn at msn.com
Sun Oct 30 10:16:18 PDT 2011

I have stayed silent on this subject for good reason as this is not a problem.  But an issue that seems to be dividing the populace.  Sure, we could go the route and do what and how they did things back then and risk becoming period Nazis (I apologize in advance if this term offends anyone as it is not meant to offend) or do we modernize it and put the modern day spin on things?  I believe that considering the lengths of time a monarch has been known to rule ( Queen Elizabeth for example ) that to do something like that in this day and age would be unfair and not really all that feasible.  As for same sex consorts -- who cares?  There were kings who were rumored to prefer the same sex but this was all carried on behind the scenes from all my research has shown yet they still had their consorts or queens.  So I personally see no reason why things cannot stay the way they are now.

This is a very touchy subject no matter how you put it or present it to anyone.  Lets all take great care in how we proceed in this so as not to hurt or offend anyone either purposely or unintentional.  This is also something that perhaps should quite possibly be put to a vote then put to rest.

In Service to the Dream,
Muriel filia Donaldi de Skia
Barony of Bryn-Gwlad
Fledgling of House FalconRose
Ambassador to Atlantia
Member of Academy of St. Gabriel

New WoW Epic Mount:  5000 gold
Epic Riding Mount Training:  80 gold
Getting PwNeD by 2 yr. old daughter turning off puter while you are in midflight:  PRICELESS