[Ansteorra] Same-Sex Consorts

matthiasthebrewer at cox.net matthiasthebrewer at cox.net
Sun Oct 30 14:29:27 PDT 2011

I've been following this thread with mixed amusement and interest.  And this is the only issue I've seen that needs to be addressed.

I don't particularly care either way on this subject, as long as it is dealt with fairly and evenly.

Two kings.  Well, do make one of them be queen and have the rapier community fight for them?

Two queens.  I guess one would have to be king, and have the heavy fighters fight for them.

King by right of arms and Queen by being his escort?  Well, that's pretty much how things are usually.

Queen by right of arms and King by being her consort?  Sounds like this has happened (before my time), but sounds like it was managed.

All giggling and jest aside, I really don't see that this matters.  As long as there are two rulers (ok, I AM biased against having a single ruler even if it IS period) who cares which one (if either) wears pants and which one (if either) wears skirts?  Their still people who will rule (for better or worse).  They will have their own agendas (for better or worse).  They will do things in their own way (for better or worse).

OK, back to lurking and reading this thread.

Matthias the Brewer