[Ansteorra] Royalty - Same Sex Consorts‏

Rose rose_welch at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 31 12:02:00 PDT 2011

I disagree. The concerns of a community of people in one Kingdom of the Knowne World isn't very high on the priority scale, to me. Now, if we were discussing a change to Ansteorran law, then we would have to consider the needs and desires of everyone in Ansteorra. Personally, I see this as a Known World issue, so I am thinking on that scale.

In regards to Ansteorran law, the current proposal is that the BoD remove four words - 'of the opposite gender' - from Corpora. This would not, as some have suggested, require that other Kingdoms immediately follow suit. Of course, the BoD isn't required to stick to the proposed amendment, but I can't see them unilaterally forcing a change like this for everyone, especially considering that their recent decision concerning same-sex barons took the Kingdom's atmosphere into consideration before ruling.

Corpora's Crown list laws are to Kingdom laws as federal alcohol laws are to laws in various states. With liquor, everyone has to be over 21, but each state can make their own laws aside from that. In Oklahoma, bars close at 2, but in in Alabama, no such prohibition exists. In Pennsylvania... Woo! Anyway, to complete the analogy, in some Kingdoms, a Duke's girlfriend of two weeks can be Queen. In at least one Kingdom, you can list in a different Kingdom and still win their Crown list and rule. In Ansteorra, we require that our Queens have held an office and have a good working knowledge of our system of governance. Changing Corpora will not necessarily change anything for Ansteorra. We can make our own changes, in our own time.

-R

I know that you believe you understand what you think I meant, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I wrote.