[Ansteorra] Ansteorra's Ages of Enlightenment

Chris Zakes dontivar at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 20:05:57 PDT 2011

At 07:28 PM 10/31/2011, you wrote:
>*
>"lol, sorry to have miss used a copyrighted phrase : /
>but I chose " age of enlightenment " because the " renaissance " was
>supposed to be the time when civilization had climbed out of the dark ages
>and its peoples were said to have achieved new levels of enlightenment and
>understanding .
>
>Be Safe , Be Happy, Have Fun .
>Arthur
>*
>
>The "Age of Enlightenment" occured after civilazation Europe was influenced
>by Moors and Islam, correct?
>
>Blessed Blessed Blessed be the reigns of Mushir Abd al-Mahdi Jamal ibn
>Hakim!
>

>Respect and Loving Gratitude,
>Pookie

No, that was the Renaissance--a "rebirth" of culture, inspired in
part by access to many Greek and Roman writings that had been lost in
Europe, but were preserved by the Moslems.

The Age of Enlightenment was , to quote Wikipedia, "...an elite
cultural movement of intellectuals in 18th century Europe that sought
to mobilize the power of reason in order to reform society and
advance knowledge. It promoted intellectual interchange and opposed
intolerance and abuses in Church and state. "

         -Tivar Moondragon