[Ansteorra] Fires & Crash Space

Dana Busenbark danab-steppes at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 5 09:31:00 PDT 2011

There was a Possum Kingdom Volunteer Firefighter who lost his home while working to save his neighbors homes. Apparently there is video footage out there on the news websites of him just standing there watching his own home burn, not being able to do anything about it. This is a firefighter who spent 30 years on the Arlington Police Department Force and then was a Bedford Police Officer as well before he became a firefighter. There's a huge donation thing going on for him and others in the state who have lost everything. Now we have the wildfire in Baltop (or just south of) that is 16 miles long and 6 miles wide that they can't get under control and continues to move south. They're looking for monetary donations, if we can all just donate 5.00 a person, that raises a lot of money fast. They're looking for donations of furniture, appliances, used or new clothing. I have the name and phone number of one of the local firefighters here in the Dallas area that is the one spearheading this. I thought that since school is starting, it's probably close to time to doing that fall clean-out, making room for everything your children will need for the new school year that just started, or perhaps making room for clothes of our own. I'm planning on getting 3-4 bags of clothing together for them today. I will be calling Tony when I've got them put together so that he can come and pick them up. They're coming to wherever they need to go here in the DFW area to pick the items up. Please contact me off-list if you want to get in on this. I can get you into contact with Tony or Courtney. Courtney is a family friend of the firefighter from Possum Kingdom Lake.

We're in a red alert for all of Texas, because it's been so dry, windy, and hot. What do you all think about us helping out our men and women that keep our lives and homes safe? :)

Fiona the Needleworker