[Ansteorra] Ice pops at GW

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Sep 5 22:48:46 PDT 2011

I especially commend the quick response to this request! Vivat Baron
Brion!

I would like to request that those who might be buying these pops, to
keep in mind that some of us are diabetic and for this or other
reasons, shouldn't have items with high amounts of easily absorbed
sugar.  Please consider getting some of the sugar-free tubes. Well,
the stuff in the tubes should be sugar-free. I guess the tubes don't
actually have to be. :-)

Note that in situation of diabetics suffering from low-blood sugar,
having items like these sugared popsicles around, can be a life-sever.
Literally.

I am forever thankful for the Chirurgeons at Pennsic who helped me out
when I had such a low-sugar episode at Pennsic.

For those curious about diabetes in the SCA and how it can affect how
some of us play the game, see this article in the DISABILITIES section
of the Florilegium:
Diabetes-SCA-art  (20K) 12/22/09  "Surviving Diabetes in the SCA" by
Forester
                                      Padraig MacRaighne and THL
Geniveve Rose
                                      D'Glendalough (called GenRose).