[Ansteorra] Upcoming Calendar Changes

uillecc uilliacc at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 11:11:10 PDT 2011

I for one really think I like this change.  I have lamented for years
that weekends will pass without any event, or an event I wish to
attend-- then two events, both ones that I want to attend, happen on the
same weekend.  I am forced to choose, to literally rob Peiter to pay
Paul, because I can't support/attend both events.

Also the clarification seems that small groups (shires, cantons, and
etc.)  can now seek to two or more events with a better chance at
success.  Their own event without competition, and Kingdom events (again
without competition and the guaranteed presence of Royalty).

And as I have witnessed recently small groups can co-host with other
small groups or with their sponsoring barony and produce some very
enjoyable and successful events...  One question, when co-hosting,  can
for example,  two shires co-host, and still choose two weekends as if
each was hosting an event on their own?

Also-- since, especially with smaller groups, co-hosted events provide
for a larger support pool and often a more successful event-- would
putting in language that encourages groups to go that route also be
beneficial?

in service,
uillecc